City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Accountant IVs are responsible for diverse finance-related duties including accounting transactions, maintaining a comprehensive set of controls for a department's enterprise fund, coordination and preparation of annual financial reports, preparation of financial forecast utilized in the issuance of bonds, and providing technical guidance for the analysis and implementation of governmental accounting and financial reporting standards. Duties vary by department/division, but may consist of the reporting and coordination of bonded debt, oversight of daily public banking operations, development of cost allocation models, and monitoring data and transactions to ensure integrity.
Other duties may include the financial management of fixed assets, intergovernmental grant programs, cost accounting for operating budgets, capital improvement programs, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. Positions may also be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the City's financial system transactions and preparing various financial reports.
Currently we have vacancies in the Aviation Department and Finance Department.
The Aviation Department’s Accountant IV (Construction) will provide construction accounting support for the Design and Construction Services Division’s management of projects. This position will establish guidelines for handling the accounting of Tenant Improvement (TI) projects, Job Order Contract (JOC) projects, large capital projects, and medium to small airport projects. This position will review the financial impact of legislative files for City Council approval, and other budget control documents such as change orders, Request for Services (RFS) forms, and Statements of Readiness forms (SORs). Also, this position will be responsible for reviewing and making suggestions to revise department specific and citywide forms and reports relating to the capital program and other related maintenance/repair operating budget cost center projects.
The Finance Account IV (ERP) is a technical leadership position that will provide application support for the enterprise SAP system. The SAP ERP system is used for accounting, costing, project systems, procurement, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, plant maintenance, fixed assets, funds management, real estate and other financial functions within the City. This position will be involved in functional and application support, financial accounting system support, incident/ change/ problem management, SAP software upgrades and project moves to production for one or more of the modules of the City’s enterprise SAP system. In addition, this position is responsible to write and update the operational procedures, policies, and standards to support the needs of SAP.
The incumbent must diagnose complex system problems and make system enhancements to ensure overall system performance. Responsibilities will include: project management, configuration of the system, testing, development and maintenance of user security roles, analysis and development of business process flows and workflows, development and testing of reports, and user training and support. The ideal candidate will have prior experience managing multiple projects to successful completion, the ability to work independently, and a willingness to work in a team environment to collaborate and share best practices and key learning.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of May 12, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Five years of professional accounting, budgeting or related financial experience.
- Including at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or public administration or a related degree.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience in tracking the financial side of capital projects including design pay requests, construction invoices, and other soft costs charged to projects.
- Possess a working knowledge of funding sources and eligibility requirements to assist Engineers with project budget, expenditures, contract commitments/encumbrances and schedule trends.
- Experience in using financial computer applications such as the SAP financial management system, Oracle’s Unifier Capital Project Management System, or other related financial construction project management systems.
- Experience working on construction and capital improvement programs.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Fund budgeting and accounting.
- Experience working with federal grants.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Accountant IV, JC: 03260, ID# 31632, 4/28/19, 6 mos., SA, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.