City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Water Services Director - Finance
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Water Services Department seeks an experienced water industry professional to fill an Assistant Water Services Director vacancy. Reporting to the Water Services Director, this executive level position directs multiple major functional areas of the department through the supervision of Deputy Water Services Directors responsible for utility financial management as well as budget, supply logistics, and technical functions, and process improvement related to water and wastewater plants, systems and facilities. The position is also responsible for interacting with other City departments, and representing the City when working with other governmental and outside agencies. Work assignments are broad in scope and require the use of independent judgment and initiative in making technical and managerial decisions of considerable difficulty. The Water Services Department has an annual operating budget of approximately $300 million, a 5 year capital improvement budget of $2.5 billion, and employs nearly 1,500 employees.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 8, 2019. This recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
Up to $156,125 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $5,220/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Executive benefits package is offered which includes: A traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Executive Benefits
QUALIFICATIONS - Desired qualifications include a minimum of:
- Five years of professional-level experience in a financial, technical or operations capacity engaged in Water or Wastewater systems.
- Three years of experience supervising professional staff.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, business, or public administration or a related field.
- The City job description can be found here.
- In general, City of Phoenix residency is required within 24 months after the date of hire for newly hired executives, however exceptions apply for current employees. For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/who-apply/residency.
Only the highest qualified applicants will be placed on the eligible-for-hire list and be considered for interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- List related job titles and employers of current/previous jobs.
- In your most recent (or most related position), indicate the number, level, and classification of employees you have supervised on an ongoing basis. If over 10 employees, you may summarize types of staff.
- For current/previous employers, indicate the size of each organization including the approximate operating budget and FTE.
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, describe your professional-level experience in a financial, technical, or operations capacity engaged in water or wastewater systems.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Asst Water Services Director, code 51430, ID# 31195, 03/18/19, PO, Benefits: Executive
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.