City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Finance ERP
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Senior Business Systems Analysts perform systems analysis and design of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications. The classification is responsible for providing technical and business expertise in the analysis, installation, testing, and design of Information Technology business systems the financial areas of Oracle’s CC&B and/or PeopleSoft applications.
Responsibilities include supporting all phases of projects, programs, and initiatives while facilitating requirements management. Areas of support include, but are not limited to: overseeing business and technical requirements gathering, analysis, measurement, improvement, solution design, assessment, training, implementation and application usability. This position is responsible for a multitude of roles/responsibilities and performs other duties as assigned. Typical responsibilities include: communicating clearly with end-users, technical programmers and project teams; bridging the communication gap between the business and technical staff by providing accurate business/technical requirements, business process mapping, applications training, facilitating gap analyses, analyzing/validating business solutions and contributing to other written business deliverables necessary to increase the business value and/or ensure quality of services and solutions. This position reports to the Information Technology Project Manager assigned to Finance (ERP).
Currently, a vacancy exists in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division of the Finance Department.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of May 6, 2019. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$57,283 - $85,404 annualized. Appointment can be made above minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Two years experience in systems anaylsis, configuration, and testing of enterprise applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- This is a salaried/exempt position and incumbents must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found : https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/09820.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Two years of current and progressive experience supporting an ERP application (Oracle’s PeopleSoft and/or CC&B) in a business analyst or support role.
- Experience with cross functional teams supporting large departmental and enterprise-wide programs/projects.
- Experience/knowledge analyzing data in relational databases.
- Two plus years of SQL experience.
- Experience supporting Payroll or Billing system.
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Base Class, JC: 09820, ID# 31594 04/19/19, # 6 M CH, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.