City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is an entry level tax auditor position. Tax auditor will train under the direct supervision of a lead auditor or Audit Manager. The Tax Auditor position is responsible for analyzing and auditing accounting books and records of businesses to determine compliance with privilege (sales) and use tax for the State of Arizona and all local jurisdictions. Work involves interpreting laws and regulations to determine compliance with the Arizona Revised Status and City Model Tax Code; provide education and assistance to taxpayers on the requirements of the State & City Tax Code; performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, & State & City Tax Law.
The ideal incumbent will demonstrate initiative and sound judgment when dealing with the business community; Initiative, analytical skills and decision making abilities; Tactful and effective oral and written communication skills; Willing to provide education and assistance to customers; Willing to learn the interpretation of tax laws and regulations to determine compliance.
First review of applications will occur the week of May 6, 2019. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$20.44 (minimum) - $30.44 (maximum) hourly / $42,515 - $63,315 annually. Appointment may be made above the minimum depending on qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Completion, or near completion, of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/03340.pdf
A well-qualified candidate will possess the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience using computer databases and spreadsheet software.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Tax Auditor, Job Code #03340, ID #31518, 04/22/19, CH , 6m, Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.