Clifton Larson Allen
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller - Non-Profit - Public Sector Group - BizOps
at Clifton Larson Allen
Controller – Non-Profit - Public Sector Practice
At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
This is why we’ve created our business operations (BizOps) practice!
If you answer YES to these questions, then our BizOps practice could be a great fit for you!
- Do you have an accounting background but are bored of doing the same tasks each month for just one company?
- Do you crave variety in the type of work you do and the clients you serve?
- Do you like to travel to clients and thrive during face-to-face interactions?
- Do you want the stability and backing of a top 10 national firm?
CLA is looking to hire a Controller to join our growing BizOps practice in Arlington, VA.
- Monitor, coordinate and direct the quality and accuracy of work performed by accounting staff (client and/or internal), recommending and implementing actions as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and monitor internal control policies, guidelines and accounting procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and provide guidance on client’s organizational policies and procedures.
- Direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Analyze and interpret financial information for clients; monitor and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Coordinate and direct client budgeting process.
- Coordinate audit process and completion of deliverables, including annual tax returns and financial information.
- Monitor financial record keeping to meet both client, audit and CLA internal quality needs.
- Perform and direct best practices throughout client assignments.
- Monitor and direct efficiencies and areas of improvement in scope and process at all clients.
- Full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) accounting standards.
- Deep knowledge of government (state and federal) policies and directives impacting the nonprofit sector and monitor impact on client operations.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Fully utilizes internal CPE learning opportunities to up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Minimum of five years relative work experience as an Assistant Controller or Controller.
- Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- Nonprofit accounting experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Prior consulting and experience working with multiple clients is preferred.
- People management experience preferred.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Accounting Software, etc.).
- CPA preferred
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.
Start your inspired career
When you join CLA, you’ll have the opportunity to design your own inspired career. Career growth is about having new experiences and lots of exposure to different roles that stretch your comfort zone, expand your skills, and shape you as a leader. It’s not so much about climbing a ladder or acquiring new titles — it’s the discovery of your strengths and the outer reaches of your true potential. At CLA, you have the freedom to explore many opportunities, including your choice of industry specialization, service capability, career path, and mobility.
Watch our video to see why people join CLA.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. With more than 6,200 people, 120 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we promise to know you and help you. Learn more at CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.