Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Casino - Vault Cashier
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the immediate supervision of the Vault Lead, the Vault Cashier is responsible for safeguarding funds held in the vault, maintaining adequate amounts of all denominations of currency, coins and tokens to meet the Casino's needs and organizing and summarizing cash data for use by the Accounting Dept.
NATIVE AMERICAN AND CURRENT EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE POLICIES ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL POSITIONS.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities:
- Maintain vault funds on an impress basis.
- Accept and verify currency from soft count.
- Prepare and issue daily banks for casino staff.
- Verify and countersign for all currency, coupons, vouchers, etc. associated with incoming transfers.
- Maintain adequate amounts of all denominations of coins, tokens and currency to meet Casino needs.
- Separate and eliminate (via bank deposit) old, worn out, torn, or defaced bills.
- Prepare daily bank deposit reconciliations for use by accounting.
- Prepare daily Bingo and Slot bank deposits.
- Sort daily documents (including checks, jackpots, etc.) and prepare tape totals for each category.
- Will perform other position requirements as assigned by the Vault Lead, Cage Manager or Floor Manager.
- Must understand and comply with departmental internal control regulations.
- Casino operation is 24/7, must be able to work any and all shifts.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have 1 year of cash handling experience.
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Prefer proficiency in the use of a 10 key calculator, currency counters, and coin wrapping machines.
- Excellent math and organizational skills.
- All applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be certifiable through the Arizona Department of Gaming/Tribal Gaming office.
- Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment and on-going random drug testing.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Applicants must be of good physical health as this job requires to stand and lifting of heavy objects.
Education and or Experience
THE OPENINGS AND CLOSINGS OF THESE POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UPON THE NEED OF EACH DEPARTMENT. FOR ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT COCOPAH HUMAN RESOURCES AT 928-627-2102.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.