Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Accounts Payable (Nineteen Tribal Nations-NTN Grant Program)
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the general supervision of the Finance Director, the Accounts Payable will assist with all areas of the Finance Department as needed. The position is a 3 year term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following but these are not all inclusive and
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements.
- In charge of Accounts Payable duties for NTN grant funded program.
- Verifies vendor invoices, purchase orders and attach required documentation for accuracy.
- Calculate expenditures appropriately and make necessary charges to applicable accounts.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate.
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, billing information and/or any other clarifications needed.
- Perform monthly clearings between the Tribe and NTN Expenses.
- Assist Managers with any Accounts Payable issues or concerns.
- Assists with the yearly profit sharing distribution; files 700+ affidavits and loan documents.
- Assists with the posting of the general ledger as needed.
- Verifies documentation for the Tribe.
- Assist the Finance Clerk as needed.
- Performs typing and filing duties as needed.
- Assists the auditors as needed.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office procedures, rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of tribal/general accounting methods and accounting requirements of governmental funding sources.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and tax laws.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with and among employees, tribal members and the public.
- Proficient in the use of complex funding accounting computer systems and experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in business or accounting; or technical degree in accounting.
- At least two years related work experience; or
- Any combination of education and experience.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.