Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Accounts Payable (Nineteen Tribal Nations-NTN Grant Program)
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the general supervision of the Finance Director, the Accounts Payable will assist with all areas of the Finance Department as needed. The position is a 3 year term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following but these are not all inclusive and
- In charge of Accounts Payable duties for NTN grant funded program.
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy and attachment of required documentation.
- Calculate expenditures appropriately and make necessary charges to applicable accounts.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable Ledger on a quarterly basis
- Communicate with Vendors in reference to Accounts Payable billing information or clarification needed.
- Perform monthly clearings between the Tribe and NTN Expenses.
- Assist Managers with any Accounts Payable issues or concerns.
- Assists with the yearly profit sharing distribution.
- Assists with the posting of the general ledger as needed.
- Verifies documentation for the Tribe.
- Assist the front desk as need.
- Performs typing and filing duties as needed.
- Assists the auditors as needed.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office procedures and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of tribal accounting methods and accounting requirements of governmental funding sources.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable and tax laws.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with and among employees, tribal members and the public.
- Proficient in the use of complex funding accounting computer systems and experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, or an Associate’s Degree with two years related work experience; or any combination of education and experience.
- Must be a High School Graduate or GED.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a finger print background check.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.