Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Bookkeeper/Accountant
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the general supervision of the Finance Director, the Bookkeeper/Accountant will assist with all areas of the Finance Department as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following but these are not all inclusive and
- Assists the accounts payable clerk with the Tribal and enterprises accounts.
- Posts purchasing requests for the various enterprises and the Tribal departments
- Assists with the yearly profit sharing distribution
- Prepares the Tribe’s revenue, expense and liability reports monthly.
- Assists with the posting of the general ledger
- Posts and verifies deposits for the Tribe and various enterprises
- Produces and distributes the monthly Finance reports to various departments.
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy and attachment of required documentation.
- Verifies and enters details of transaction to accounts payable journal.
- Performs typing and filing duties as needed
- Assists the auditors as needed.
- Reconciles 27 bank accounts including investments accounts for Tribe and Enterprises
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for granting agencies
- Verifies loan request for accuracy and attachment of required documentation
- Assists the accounts payable clerks with 1099 & W2-G process
- Assists coworkers with accounting program (sage) related issues
- Assists directors with grant budgets
- Assists finance director with setting up and writing policies and procedures
- Reconciles general ledger accounts.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of office procedures and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of tribal accounting methods and accounting requirements of governmental funding sources.
- Working knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and tax laws.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with and among employees, tribal members and the public.
- Proficient in the use of complex funding accounting computer systems and experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting, or an Associate’s Degree with two years related work experience; or any combination of education and experience.
- Must be a High School Graduate or GED
- Testing may be required.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.