Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Revenue Clerk
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the Revenue Clerk is responsible for receiving, recording and preparing deposit spread sheets for the tribe and enterprises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives records and distributes incoming department mail.
- Receives payments/reimbursements from public and departments
- Prepares and issues receipt for each cash transaction.
- Prepares gas coupon invoices pertaining to enterprises.
- Prepares and enters the cash receipts for posting and prepares bank deposits.
- Makes all reservations for travel, airfare, and car rentals
- Oversees that the supply room is filled and orders new supplies.
- Issues weekly eye vouchers for various Tribal Members.
- Makes sure that account payable files are up to date for the Tribe and various enterprises.
- Maintain and balances petty cash box.
- Enters loans into accounting system.
- Verify balances for Emergency Assistant Requests and provide report of approved loans to Tribal Council.
- Assist with the yearly profit share distribution.
- Perform typing and filing duties as needed.
- Generate/ process documentation requested by public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists Auditors as needed.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient and use of complex fund accounting computer system
- Experience in the use of spreadsheet applications including Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent customer service qualifications
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and financial record keeping.
- Ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately
- Successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment and on-going random drug/alcohol testing
Education and/or Experience
- Associate Degree in business or accounting or related field,
- Or with two years related work experience;
- Or any combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the position duties.
- Must be a High School Graduate or GED required.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.