CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness Inc.
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the organization, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary entities, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Manages cash bank balances and cash flow
- Manages special projects and other duties as required in accordance with agency growth and changes
- Recruitment, training, development, supervision, evaluation, coaching, discipline and termination of accounting staff
- Maintain systems of internal controls
- Ensure accounting transactions are reported accurately and timely
- Ensure correct use of subsidiary ledgers for tracking AR invoices, receipts and adjustments; AP invoices, credit memos and payments, fixed asset additions, disposals and depreciation, etc. versus general ledger.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that Balance Sheet account reconciliations are completed and reviewed each month
- Ensure review of staff transactions for accuracy of GL coding and information entered into subsidiary ledgers
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Ensure Claims related AR transactions posted by billing department balance to GL accounts
- Ensure Grant reporting and management of budget are accurate and timely
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete interim financial statements and related analysis reports
- Maintains and enforces month end close schedule
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Assist with cost accounting analysis
- Report significant issues to management
- Prepares miscellaneous pro forma financial statements, analysis, and financial modeling as needed
- Coordinate and manage annual external annual audit process
- Coordinate and manage information for year-end tax returns
- Updates annual cost allocation plan in compliance with OMB guidelines
- Coordinates activities necessary in renewing the Federal indirect cost rate agreement
- Coordinates activities necessary in renewing tax exemption status and privileges are current and practiced
- Coordinate and manage annual professional and liability insurance renew process
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6-8 years progressive Accounting/Finance experience and;
- 5 years supervisory experience
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA), preferred
- Health Care industry experience preferred
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.