Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Specialist I
at Cole & Associates
LOOKING FOR A GREAT CAREER? PROBLEM SOLVED!
Cole is hiring an Accounting Specialist I in our St. Louis location.
Cole is a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary company providing Civil Engineering, Surveying, Landscape Architecture and ADA Transition Planning services to our clients. Cole has a national corporate presence with offices in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO, Frisco, TX and Phoenix AZ.
While our offices and services span the US we take pride in our strong company culture. Cole is a collaborative and forward-thinking company and we believe in providing our employees with an active and fun work environment. We are multiple offices, one company!
Our robust benefits package includes competitive pay, group insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation/paid time, flexible schedules and we support and encourage training and growth opportunities.
Under the direct supervision of CFO/Vice President, supporting financial, human relations, administration, and overall Cole team. Provide and maintain appropriate documentation and communication to ensure daily financial activity including (but not limited to) general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, are accounted for timely and accurately. Cash management is a primary overall focus as well as maintaining accurate, organized paper and electronic backup of all company expenses and receipts.
- Daily reconciliation/reporting to CFO of bank activity, accounts payable, & accounts receivable
- Responsible for collections of receivable and communications both internally and externally to collect on outstanding balances due and weekly reporting to CFO on the status of all outstanding accounts.
- Timely reconciliation of credit card expenses and expense reports ensuring proper receipts have been submitted, charged to appropriate projects/accounts and follow up as needed. Electronically File corresponding receipts in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Ensure all invoices to clients are compliant with contracts (including submission of certificates of insurance, W9s, establish to set our company up as a vendor) and invoices are submitted to appropriate contacts via the appropriate delivery method. Ensure all relevant information is updated at a project level within billing terms on respective projects. Identify ways to improve the process.
- Ensure all vendors and subcontractors have appropriate documentation in place prior to establishing them as a vendor in the system. Review of subcontractors to ensure they remain compliant (Certificates of insurance, licensing, signed Subcontracts, Affidavits, W9...) prior to invoice approval and/or payment.
- Assisting CFO with month end journals, reconciliations, updating of Fixed Asset Schedule
- Cross train with Human Relations as back up for payroll (obtaining timesheets, computing OT, inputting hours for review by Human Relations or CFO)
- Cross train with Administrative Assistant on setting up vendors, clients, projects, entering AP and AR invoices, applying cash and making payments. Backup or assist during busy times as needed. May be assigned to specific projects for monthly billing.
- Run various reports, work on special projects as requested
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Two to five years of experience in accounting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience.
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona, herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.