Contango Oil & Gas Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant, General Ledger
at Contango Oil & Gas Company
- 06-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (CST)
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
General Ledger Accountant is responsible for:
- DD&A calculation of oil and gas properties / depreciation of fixed assets
- Asset retirement calculations
- Accruals for G&A, interest, bonuses and miscellaneous accruals
- Prepaid calculations and amortization
- Interest calculations and debt amortization
- Derivative entries
- Payroll entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Stock based compensation
- Monthly reconciliations:
- Responsible for certain account reconciliations
- Responsible for maintaining accounting reconciliation binder and working with others in accounting department to research outstanding items
- Preparing monthly tie-out binder for internal financial statements
- Quarterly/Annual responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation and tie out of quarterly and annual financial statements and related public filings
- Assist auditors in their review of Company's financial statements
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years Accounting experience
- Experience with SAP, preferred
- Oil & gas accounting
- Proficient in excel
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing conclusions.
- Proficiency using accounting software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills.
- Well-developed communication and analytical skills.
Contango Oil & Gas Company offers competitive salary, cash bonus and stock incentive bonus plans. The Company also offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision plans, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan contribution matching with 100% immediate vesting, paid vacation and sick time, and much more.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Contango Oil & Gas Company regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas for this position.
Contango Oil & Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, or pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Contango's online application as a result of your disability. Please email HR@contango.com or call 405-252-5709 to request reasonable accommodation(s).