Continuum Of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CoC - Accounting Clerk
at Continuum Of Colorado
Continuum of Colorado is seeking an Accounting Clerk to provide administrative support to our managerial staff. If you are familiar with Medicaid billing and navigating the Social Security system then this is the perfect opportunity to utilize those skills to support our individuals and staff. You'll get to coordinate internal and external department communications; ensure departmental data entry and record keeping are completed timely and accurately; prepare and provide information to our Finance Department for Housing & Urban Development (HUD) re-determinations; manage Host Home payroll; perform invoice billing; perform billing investigations when errors occur; and handle rent remits and unit tracking.
You'll be located in our Aurora, CO office. We’re committed to a great work-life balance here, so our offices are closed on Fridays! You'll get to work Mon-Thu, full-time, at 36 hrs/week.
More about what you’ll get to do as our Accounting Clerk!
- Track and distribute requested records and other information for HUD re-determinations/ moves/new admittances; update and track information for HUD accounting records
- Update and track information for the COMP Financial books and tracking excel sheets
- Provide income verifications for individuals residing in HUD properties
- Complete monthly rent remits for individuals residing in apartment settings
- Review and submit agency billing in a timely manner as well as investigates billing denials
- Review invoices for accuracy and assure they are submitted to Finance within timely filing
- Assist with invoice research and special projects (Medisoft/DTR) as needed
- Complete invoice tracking for vision and dental, co-pays and other invoices
- Revise and update financial obligations form, Personal Needs Funds (PNF), as needed
- Handle vendor inquires and internal inquiries of payment status and activity
- Enter and tracks individuals’ social security amounts and changes along with their gross wages and credit card activities in monthly trackers
- Assist in the ordering and distribution of cash or cash equivalents (e.g. grocery gift cards and debit cards); assist with the reconciliation of grocery gift cards
Must have’s to be our Accounting Clerk
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and/or two (2) years administrative experience, preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to learn and use internal and external database systems
- Ability to perform computer functions necessary to carry out job duties
- Ability to multi-task; good organizational skills
- Ability to compose proper business documents
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work as appropriate
- Meet our driving requirements: valid CO driver license; proof of auto insurance; no suspension/revocations in the past 3 years; no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$15.60 - 17.92/hr
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- A great work-life balance with a 4-day workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Tuition reimbursement program, eligible after 1 year of full-time employment
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Free onsite gym and lounge for employee use
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training