Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Furniture Repair Technician - Austin
at Copenhagen Living
Copenhagen Imports is a high end contemporary retail furniture store. Copenhagen offers quality, European designs and outstanding Customer Service!
Copenhagen Imports is seeking handy, artistic, detail-oriented and organized individual. The ideal applicant has a history and passion for leather repair, wood and high gloss repair.
As a furniture repair technician, you will be responsible for the repair and restoration process of assembled furniture and upholstery in accordance with the Copenhagen standards we are well known for. You will be required to make in home service/repair calls.
- Evaluate damages and select appropriate methods of repair and/or restoration for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery
- Maintain inventory and stock records within the repair department and order supplies required to perform daily tasks
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and ensure daily/weekly/monthly performance levels are achieved
- Strong commitment to safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness with team members
- Customer interaction
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience working with leather and wood furniture, upholstery preferred
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Efficiency with color matching and blending
- Wood repairs including scratches, dents and splits
- Upholstery repairs including structural/internal mechanism replacements
- Leather repairs including color matching and cut repair
- Excellent and professional customer interaction skills
- Must be able to multitask
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift, lower, push or pull furniture up to and in excess of 75lbs (with assistance if needed)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Certification in Furniture Repair/Restoration, preferred
- Must submit to a drug test and background check
- Willing to train the right candidate in areas that are not proficient
Copenhagen offers many competitive benefits including but not limited to medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k, and other voluntary options. We are also a close knit group that takes pride in our work and the community we serve.