Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: CPLC Corporate 1112 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
Under limited supervision, the team member will utilize various computer applications involving creating, and verification of: financial records and forms. Will perform various supporting functions for General Accounting to include; monitoring of daily processing of invoices, monitor and reconcile petty cash on a quarterly basis, monthly review of A/P aging, and of re-occurring payables entry. Will work closely with Financial Analyst to review budgeted allocations in respect to A/P data entry and General Ledger coding. Responsible for automating electronic payments for utilities, phone and other services used by program locations, and or rental communities where deemed appropriate. Work with outside vendors regularly to reconcile outstanding invoices that are paid and unpaid. Develop and maintain a system to ensure all utilities invoices are received, processed and paid timely.
Assist in creating and enforcing policy and procedure(s). Will assist with the preparation for the annual external audits. Must possess, strong computer skills, customer service, time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
High school diploma or GED, at least three years of experience.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
* Must be able to work well with others and meet strict deadlines
* Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into the appropriate accounts payable system
* Charge expenses to accounts and cost center by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
* Ensure account strings are entered properly into the system
* Ensure all required approvals are included with all payment request
* Preparing Weekly Cash requirements logs
* Troubleshooting internal/external request
* Communicate regularly with all internal customers to ensure timely and accurate payment to all vendors
* Coordinate Fiscal and Calendar Year end offsite storage
* Maintains vendor files in alphabetical order with all unpaid purchase orders and unpaid invoices
* Coordinate month end deadlines with departmental staff
* Responsible for monthly verification of employee expense reports and recording employee advances received
* Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements
* Establish and maintain a system to ensure all utility invoices are obtained and processed for payment
* Ensure that all payments are made in accordance with company policies
* Ensure that all payments are sent on time
* Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the Accounts Payable function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
* Protect organization by keeping information confidential
* Predictable and regular attendance
* Arrive to work on time
* Work on site
* Work cooperatively with others
* Juggle serval tasks at once
* Work in a stressful atmosphere during month end
* Deal professionally and politely with all internal and external customers
* Ability to take care of customers’ needs while following company procedures
* Possess a high degree of data entry accuracy skills
* Must be detail oriented but also be able to work in a fast pace environment
* Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
* Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
* Frequently bend to file and maintain files
* Occasionally lift 5 - 30 pounds
* Ability to travel statewide as needed
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
* Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels
* Monthly reconciliation of vendor ledger activity with information provided by the vendor
* A working knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
* Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
Ability to lift and/or carry light weight (under 30 pounds), sit, stand, walk, reach, repetitive hand motions, hear, speak, maintain visual acuity, some travel within the district and occasionally outside the district, may experience prolonged and irregular work hours, and work with frequent interruptions.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured open office environments.