Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Payroll and Benefits
at Cultural Vistas
Reporting to the Sr. HR Director, the Payroll/Benefits Manager is expected to ensure that Human Resource payroll policies and procedures are properly interpreted, efficiently implemented and that all federal, state and local laws and statutes, as they relate to Human Resource practices are adhered to. In addition, this position will administer the daily office and facilities operations in our New York City Office, welcoming and directing guests and vendors while championing office culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
UltiPro HRIS System Management and Payroll
* Manages payroll process, including but not limited to: data entry and collection, verifying accuracy of planned payroll deductions, and documentation of the payroll management process.
* Processes monthly billings from insurance providers and other vendors; reviews billings for accuracy, codes, and advances for payment.
* Oversee day-to-day operation of HRIS and Time & Attendance database.
* Maintain, update and audit all tables within HR system to ensure data integrity and efficient and consistent processes are followed
* Research and resolve issues regarding payroll discrepancies and processing with UltiPro representative, or escalate to Sr. HR Director as appropriate.
* Review timesheets for accuracy and provide Time & Attendance troubleshooting support to staff.
* Administers the Time & Attendance record keeping system; addresses discrepancies and issues in a timely manner. Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
* In concert with the Accounting and Program Development department, update and maintain staff labor allocations regularly. Enters staff allocation percentages into HRIS.
* Compile post payroll accounting transactions and reporting.
* Manage monthly billings from insurance providers and other vendors, including review billings for accuracy, codes, and advance for payment.
* Send data to benefits vendors; conduct new employee benefits orientation, open enrollment, etc.
* Significantly contribute to the design, configuration and communication activities related to ongoing and annual benefit enrollment process
* Respond to employee inquiries about HR system usage and benefits.
* Manage new hire information processing and approval via UltiPro
* Manage the administration of the Mutual of America 403(b), TransitChek and Vault benefits programs, including but not limited to: enrolling new hires, terminating benefits for separated employees, and data entry related to monthly changes in deductions.
* Interface with various agencies such as Workers Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, EEOC, etc.
* Review current processes with a focus on streamlining and ensuring consistent workflows.
* Manage all aspects of the daily functions of the office, ensuring effective guest and staff services and management, telephone and mail communications, consistently ensuring high quality customer service
* Maintain a safe, well-organized, well-stocked work environment, consistent with company purchasing and budgetary policies, and serve as the go-to person for office-related questions and needs
* Coordinate general office administrative activities, meetings, office calendars, NYC conference rooms
* Keep facilities in a state of good repair by managing contractors and internal repair workers
* Provide administrative and meeting support for NY staff
* Participate as needed in special projects, including office social committee
* Organize staff functions such as retreats, picnics and holiday celebrations
* Develops and maintain knowledge of Cultural Vistas programs and activities, as well as organizational policies in order to properly represent the organization to all stakeholders
* Support ongoing communication to all staff as it pertains to initiatives and new/existing business
* Take a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow
* Work in accordance with Cultural Vistas strategic goals and mission
Skill / Requirements
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Basic understanding of the principles, practices, and standards of human resource management.
* Basic knowledge of mathematical calculations and book keeping procedures.
* Displays a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
* Commitment to professionalism, communicability, quality, efficiency and process improvement.
* Ability to articulate concepts and ideas in a positive, clear, and professional manner to diverse audiences through verbal and written mediums
* High level of concern for client relationships and providing exceptional customer service.
* Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and successfully by handling multiple concurrent obligations with a high level of attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills.
* Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability.
* Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries.
* Flexible, resourceful, proactive and highly collaborative team-oriented approach
* Experience working with vendors and negotiating purchases
* Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment.
* Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas.
* Continuous commitment to professional development for oneself and others in the department.
* Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve.
Computer and Software Equipment Experience Required:
Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite products. UltiPro experience required. Preferred: Zoom, Adobe Connect.
Education and Experience Required:
Education: Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, or Finance required.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 4- 5 years of prior payroll and benefits administration experience required.
Minimum of 1 year of work experience in office and vendor management
Physical Demands of Position:
Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.