Davis Wright Tremaine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Billing Specialist
at Davis Wright Tremaine
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an Electronic Billing (E-Billing) Specialist to join our team in Seattle.
This position is responsible for submitting monthly billing invoices through specific vendors, maintaining monthly progress reports of submitted invoices, monitoring client/vendor system requirements, and other tasks as assigned. This position will require clear and concise communication between clients, attorneys, and vendor support.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Submit invoices through eBilling Hub and various vendor sites and confirm successful transmission
- Ensure prompt follow-up regarding rejected or pending invoices
- Communicate directly with clients, attorneys, and staff to resolve any e-billing issues and to obtain necessary e-billing information
- Maintain detailed electronic notes for each client, including client-specific and vendor-specific requirements
- Create and upload client accrual spreadsheets as needed
- Manually edit invoices as necessary to incorporate client submission requirements
- Maintain client vendor sites and coordinate with Rate Administrator and attorneys to update rates, budgets, or status reports as client requires
- Implement new e-billing clients and vendors, including mapping in the eBilling Hub
- Assist with other accounting projects, as needed
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years in an accounting department preferred; previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and work independently
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Excellent customer service and communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Products required, Excel strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Knowledge of Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) files or XML formats preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Advanced Degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.