Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of Purchasing Manager, processes purchase orders from approved requisitions. Obtains written quotes from Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) approved vendors and documents vendors performance. May be responsible for various commodity buying including but not limited to food and beverage ordering, vendor licensing monitoring or uniform acquisition.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reviews, approves and process purchasing requests for goods and service to ensure compliance with purchasing procedures, the vendor licensing process and user requirements.
* Issues purchase orders for goods and services, maintains vendor information and product pricing in computer software.
* Researches and prepares written bids and proposals requests: Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quote (RFQ), negotiates prices, analyzes bid responses and prepares supporting spreadsheets, comparisons, recommendations and justifications; assists in bid openings.
* Prepares stocking agreements for review by the Purchasing Manager and Purchasing Director prior to execution.
* Communicates and interacts with vendors and departments regarding procurement procedures and status of orders.
* Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
* Reconciles invoice to purchase order discrepancies and obtains vendor credits.
* Expedites shipping and deliveries, and monitors usage, inconsistencies, price changes and vendor back orders.
* May order uniforms for all locations, and distributes uniforms to team members as needed.
* Monitors weekly dollar amount spend for unlicensed Food and Beverage vendors to prevent 10K Compact and compliance violations.
* Prepares and distributes Food and Beverage 10K vendor report to managers and administration under the direction of the Purchasing Manager.
* Assists in Conducting vendor site visits and business reviews.
* Evaluates, monitors and maintains related files on vendor performance, pricing, quality and provides documentation of vendor issues.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in Business or related field plus 2 years purchasing experience in a food and beverage, hospitality or casino environment, 1 of the 2 years of which must have been in a Buyer role; or 2 years of working experience within the TOGE Purchasing Department; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving). Must be able to type at least 35 wpm on a timed test. Must pass a proficiency test in Word and Excel. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Working knowledge/experience of computerized purchasing software; preferably PeopleSoft, Red Rock SAMS or Stratton Warren.
* Knowledge of purchasing policies and practices.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
* Knowledge of food handling temperatures, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), preparation, rotation, shelf life and aging process of all products.
* Knowledge of specifications and yields of all items used in the Restaurant environment.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to assess contract compliance and products/service quality.
* Ability to use independent judgment, make effective decisions and to manage and impart confidential information.
* Ability to document work in progress.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team-building skills with empathy and enthusiasm.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
* Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
* Ability to resolve guest complaints and concerns.
* Ability to be health department certified as the food buyer.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
* Records maintenance skills.
* Skill in preparing and reviewing reports.
* Familiar with standard purchasing bidding processes and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.