Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Pay: $11 to $16.50/hour
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Full Time
Saint Francis of Assisi Parish
Job Title: Accounting Clerk Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Saint Francis of Assisi Parish – Yuma AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, business manager, or other assigned manager, is responsible for assisting the bookkeeper or the accountant with a variety of bookkeeping, accounting, and administrative support duties.
- Support the Church’s spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the individual’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Assist with recording of weekly collections and other cash receipts
- Assist in the preparation of payroll, state and federal payroll filings; update payroll system accordingly
- Assist with preparation of financial reports, profit & loss statements; 403 (b) reports; maintain accounting records
- Assist with the reconciliation of the various parish accounts as assigned.
- Prepare industrial insurance information; prepare and maintain employment records; assist with enrollment of employees in benefit programs
- Assist with maintenance of parish and other insurance records
- Maintain donor records; assist with operating and capital budget preparation
- Process payments to vendors and others, maintain vendor files
- Ensure existence of verifiable audit trail for all financial transactions
- Provide clerical and administrative support as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking: hearing; carrying: and keyboarding.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Catholic Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and 10 key calculators
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ financial experience as an accounting or financial clerk in a medium to large-sized firm
- Experience in the use of Quick Books or similar Accounting Software
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/