Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Associate, Affordable Housing
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
- US-NC-High Point
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Serves the needs of the client by planning and performing audits, reviews, and compilations, in addition to any other related needs for Affordable Housing clients.
- Coordinates with the Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
- Exercises independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
- Evaluates the client’s system of internal control, and conducts the engagement plan, preparation, and execution
- Promptly brings to the attention of the Manager, Senior Manager, or Partner any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor, reflective of the company, at all times
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required; Masters’ Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of affordable housing audit experience at a public accounting firm required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook