Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthcare Finance - Senior Consultant
at Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP
- Requisition ID
- Healthcare Consulting
DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation. With more than 2,000 professionals in 30+ offices located in 13 states, we combine extensive tax, assurance and advisory experience with a focus on relationships and personal service to help our clients achieve their goals. People, careers and flexibility are at the heart of DHG’s culture making it a great place to build a valuable career.
DHG Healthcare is the national healthcare practice of Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP, which itself is a diversified professional services firm and the 14th largest accounting and advisory firm in the United States. We are currently seeking a Senior Consultant to work with one of our offices in Metro DC.
The Senior Healthcare Finance Consultant will be an integral part of engagements including dynamic financial modeling, operational and capital budgeting, cost accounting. Their role will include understanding project assumptions, incorporating various service-line structures, maintaining records of all project assumptions and changes to those assumptions, and managing client expectations through routine client communication. In addition, this role also requires the preparation of materials for client deliverables, meetings, and presentations.
- Provide support on specific client engagements, which may include financial feasibility studies, client due diligence, financial and strategic planning, cost accounting assessments, budgeting and operational assessments
- Understand and analyze financial assumptions that underpin dynamic financial modeling
- Perform market driven research, including demographics and competitive analyses
- Develop an understanding of capital markets (long-term debt or equity-backed securities) that affect financing assumptions
- Assist with the updating, maintenance and review of financial and market benchmark databases
- Assist in the development of project outcome measurements and the development of communication plans
- Provide quality oversight for application of methodology and related client deliverables
- BA or BS in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, or Healthcare Policy required
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
- Professional services experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Excellent client service delivery skills with the ability to manage client needs and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, etc.
- Ability to maintain detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources throughout a project timeline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Demonstrate ability to organize significant amounts of information and manage multiple assignments on an ongoing basis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with advanced level skills in Excel required
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking and self-starter
- Exceptional work ethic with adaptability to changing project teams
- Flexibility for travel