Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Enchantment Resort
The Property Controller will perform financial oversight, accounting functions and month-end closing for Enchantment Resort ad Mii amo Spa and provide accounting support to operational team. The Property Controller serves as a trusted resource to Director of Finance and the entire Management team. They will report to Director of Finance. He/She execute varied accounting functions such as balance sheet reconciliations including bank recons, journal entry input for income, labor and accruals, cost allocations, internal controls, P&L preparation as well as overseeing tasks related to A/P, A/R and Payroll. They will also lead in preparing financial analysis reports, forecasts, assist with budgets budget and other ad hoc reports.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies as well as Arizona laws, as applicable to finance and accounting practices.
- Serve as a support resource to Director of Finance and collaborate with Senior Staff Accountant at Corporate office in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Provide training, guidance and communication related to accounting systems, policies and processes.
- Actively lead the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process for property financials.
- Prepare Forecasts, assist with budget the process of Budget and Forecast preparation.
- Prepare and distribute financial statements to management, ensuring that financial information is accurate, meaningful, timely and in conformance with GAAP and company policies.
- Prepare and reconcile General Ledger and cash reconciliations.
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect financial transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts as directed.
- Work closely with the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll to ensure revenue and expenses are properly recorded.
- Safeguard the assets of the property by ensuring that appropriate internal controls and documentation exist and are adhered to.
- Lead the preparation and filing of all jurisdiction(s) tax and reporting requirements for the property.
- Answer financial and tax related inquiries as requested.
- Maintain adequate documentation to support all accounting-related transactions.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and perform financial analysis as requested by Director of Finance, Managing Director, SVP of Finance and Senior Staff Accountant.
- Offer up suggestions, make recommendations and implement necessary changes to meet and exceed departmental objectives and to enhance financial efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years previous accounting management experience is preferred.
- Previous hospitality industry experience is highly desired.
- Appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Experience in working with M3 accounting system is a plus.
- Knowledge of OnTrack Labor Management System or similar system is a plus.
- High proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and experience in the preparation of general ledger reports and financial statements.
- Strong track record for management of confidential information with significant degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Capability for effective communication with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in written formats.
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on client needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work extended and/or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays, if necessary.