Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Debt Compliance (Accounting/Finance Emphasis)
at Extra Space Storage
We are currently hiring for a Director of Debt Compliance at our corporate offices located in Salt Lake City, Utah. This person is responsible for maintaining debt compliance for one of the most successful companies in Utah. The position is suitable for someone with a solid corporate accounting, finance, or bank lending background. Knowledge of corporate debt is helpful but strong accounting or financial experience is more important. This position will primarily generate quarterly debt compliance reports derived from the company’s financial statements, making calculations of the company’s leverage, interest coverage ratio, etc. The position is also responsible for running "what if" analysis to forecast future covenant compliance based on potential scenarios, such as additional debt, equity, or acquisitions. The position requires a person who is great with details, accurate, patient, and can concentrate to gain a strong understanding of loan document provisions. The work is mentally challenging, complex, and educational. The person also participates in analyzing other aspects of the company’s debt structure and helps prepare data for management and outside parties. The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn about corporate finance and participate in the growth of a very successful company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extract general ledger data to maintain historical and forecasted covenant calculations.
- Evaluate company transactions to determine the effect on asset values and other covenants.
- Monitor non-financial covenants and events of default.
- Work with attorneys to implement changes and interpret loan documents.
- Initiate interest and fee payments to lenders.
- Assist in other financial analysis projects.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- A CPA Credential, MAcc or MBA degree is helpful.
- ERP database extraction experience is helpful.
- Excel and financial statement analysis.
- Detailed understand of financial statement components.
- 5-10 plus years of experience in accounting, FP&A, banking, or corporate finance.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.