Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Extra Space Storage
- Assists in the preparation of U.S. Federal & State income tax filings from beginning to end (i.e. tax planning, data collection, work-paper preparation and issue analysis, tax estimates and extensions, return preparation, return filing, tax payments)
- Aids in the preparation of the ASC 740 Financial Reporting for Income Taxes (Provision) on a quarterly and annual basis
- Prepares and reviews tax depreciation books on a monthly and annual basis
- Recognizes and analyzes tax issues and conducts tax research
- Helps in the preparation of monthly sales tax filings
- A tactful, pro-active, and professional personality is required
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with confidence to independently address issues
- Working knowledge of tax preparation software preferred
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer related skills and accounting systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Some tax experience helpful
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths.
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability.
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs.
- Onsite gym and locker room
- Personal Health Advocate.
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.