First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit Analyst - Commercial
at First International Bank & Trust
Credit Analyst - Commercial
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Join a culture that encourages innovation, inspires ideas, supports change and doesn’t set boundaries on what success looks like. Recognized five years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy of Living First.
Interested in learning more? Please see below for additional information regarding the Credit Analyst position and submit your online application!
Position Summary: Under the direction of Credit Analysis Manager and senior lending staff, analyzes credit data to estimate degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money to firms or individuals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Assists loan officers in the analysis of financial information from commercial, consumer and agricultural customers.
- Prepares loan presentations and completes annual reviews containing commercial, consumer and agricultural financial information.
- Completes thorough analysis of business and personal tax returns, financial statements and risk analysis to determine credit quality.
- Contacts banks, trade and credit associations, salespeople and others if needed to obtain credit information.
- Studies economic trends to predict probable success of new customer.
- Visits establishments to determine condition of plant and equipment and compare methods of operation with accepted practices in industry.
- Evaluates results of investigations, prepares reports of findings and suggests credit limitations to management.
- Maintains database of customer credit histories.
- Explains, promotes cross-sells or refers bank, insurance and trust products or services, if possible.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor's degree and experience with Commercial Credit Analysis is preferred.