First Merchants Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First Merchants Bank
Serve on the human resources shared services team with a primary focus on payroll processing to ensure employees are paid timely in accordance with internal policies, procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure strict compliance with regulatory and internal audit controls, applicable state and federal wage and hour laws, Department of Labor (DOL), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and internal policies and guidelines.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll processing duties on a rotation basis, including process time entries, balance payroll data, calculate and process monthly, quarterly and annual incentives,
- Review, analyze, approve and input payroll changes to ensure integrity of employee and payroll data within HRIS system.
- Research and respond to complex payroll related inquiries from finance, employees, outside agencies, etc.
- Maintain electronic employee files.
- Monitor MyHR case tickets to support human resources shared services team with payroll specific and general human resources questions from employees and managers.
Skill / Requirements
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over one (1) year of payroll or related experience.
- Associates degree
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Experience with payroll systems/software
- Accounts payable experience
- Banking experience.