FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Financial Operations
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Originations Support - Sales Support
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The AVP, Financial Operations for Small Business Solutions in Portsmouth, NH will be responsible for managing accounts receivable and accounts payable operations for the business unit. Daily tasks include management and oversight of a small team. As the AVP, Financial Operations responsibilities also include review and release of vendor payments via wire and ACH protocols, interfacing with a 3rd party bank partner, experience with data intensive review and approval of daily reconciliation requests. Additionally, the AVP, Financial Operations will oversee monthly close operations, manage quarterly and yearly audits for the business, produce all reporting and key performance indicators (KPI's) for financial operations, along with managing any escheatment for the business unit. The AVP, Financial Operations will assist in the management of projects to enhance processes tied to efficiency and workflow improvement while partnering with other departments within the business unit. The AVP, Financial Operations will partner with Sarbanes-Oxley trained team members to ensure compliance in a variety of areas.
• 3-5 years of experience in Financial Operations ( Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) preferably within the leasing industry
• 3+ years of experience leading/managing a team
• Exemplary attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy
• Proficient with Microsoft Office with expertise working in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both low and high pressure situations
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance required, master’s degree preferred