FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Tax Analyst
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Finance - Tax
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The incumbent will possess the ability to succeed within a team environment and the ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing assigned monthly state & local tax returns
- Reconciling sales, use, gross receipts and B&O tax returns to sales per the general ledger and corresponding business units
- Monitoring exemption certificate requests as needed
- Resolving taxing jurisdiction notices timely
- Filing and monitoring refund claims
- Researching and staying current with tax laws
- Maintaining the sales tax and business license Master Compliance Calendars and assisting with sales tax audits as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience with Vertex Compliance software a plus
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft G/L
- Must be able to work in a team environment