FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SBA Credit Analyst
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Originations Support - Underwriting
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
Performs duties related to the credit review of manually underwritten SBA 504 & 7a loans, as well as Conventional CRE loans.
• Refers to documented policies and procedures to guide and support the review and decision making process.
• Seeks the advice of senior team members on more complex and questionable issues that are outside of the assigned scope.
• Performs basic research together with financial and statistical analysis to determine and support the applicant’s credit worthiness.
• Prepares analysis, reports and presentations for review and approval.
• Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and CIT Bank guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Spreads financial statements, tax returns and related information on borrower, guarantor and any affiliates to excel spreadsheets and/or software programs for analysis.
• Reviews any spreads prepared by Referral Partner for accuracy to ensure all entries are correct and complete, all existing debt is included, and that initial DSCR is adequate to support the proposed debt.
• If the request is not clearly within CIT SBA Lending credit guidelines or if there are issues that might cause the loan to be declined, discusses the loan request with the Underwriter to determine if a preflight with credit is necessary.
• Reviews the information received to date and completes a Loan Checklist to determine what additional information is needed to submit the request to credit and works with the Referral Partner or Borrower to obtain that information.
• Prepares updated Checklists as required and as information is received, reviews and saves it to SBA SharePoint site in a Borrower’s File using the File Naming Convention.
• Conducts credit investigations and prepares submission credit memo summarizing the business operation and the loan request including: use of proceeds, nature and history of the business, management experience, the source of the capital injection, justification for any addbacks to cash flow, explanation for any adverse business trends, any additional collateral to be taken, etc.
• Ensures that obvious credit issues are addressed and explained.
• Presents facts and offers opinions to Underwriter’s concerning applicant’s credit worthiness.
• Supports Underwriter to complete package and submission credit memo to the and coordinates the receipt of any further information required
• Monitors and updates SBA Pipeline as all assigned loans move through.
• Demonstrates compliance with all CIT Bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities .
• Knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
• Two years of credit of underwriting experience at a Bank is desired
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.