Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accounting Manager
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Freedom is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager for our Freedom Financial Network Corporate Accounting and Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) operations. FDR is the nation’s largest debt settlement company that continues to experience rapid growth. Our ideal candidate will bring their expertise as it relates to technical accounting to support our continued expansion and the increasing complexity of our business. This position will report directly to our Director of Corporate Accounting and is based at the company’s location in Tempe, AZ.
- Ensure compliance for technical accounting areas within the portfolio.
- Identify upcoming changes to US GAAP accounting standards that will be relevant to Freedom and lead the company in implementation of those standards.
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliation, support documentation, and communication with external auditors / regulators for our Corporate and FDR businesses.
- Oversee the financial month end and annual close.
- Oversee cash management for FFN and FDR.
- Responsible for investor reporting and dashboard accuracy.
- Embrace the mindset of continuous improvement by identifying, collaborating and implementing best practices.
- Partner cross-functionally with Financial Planning and Analysis and Treasury supporting alignment and proactive management of financial operations.
- Responsible for building a high performing team, overseeing career development and team engagement.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting
- CPA required (active or inactive status)
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, particularly in ASC 810, ASC 860, ASC 946, ASC 350 & 360, FAS 91, ASC 606
- 5+ years supervisory oversight experience
- 5+ years of Financial Services Industry experience
- Technical accounting and audit based experience, including Big 4 public accounting
- Strong experience in both private and public accounting
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix!
- Leadership opportunities – manage a team of your own!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.