Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Our dynamic Accounting team is growing and adding a Sr. Payroll Specialist. The Sr. Payroll Specialist plays a key role in the processing of Freedom Financial Network payroll and payroll related activities. Located in our Tempe AZ office, you will provide ongoing payroll support to our general ledger team on a bi-weekly basis as it involves the reconciliation of our payroll financial.
- Electronically collect and transfer time and attendance data as well as prepare and export pay data files to our payroll vendor
- Processes payroll check exceptions and court-ordered deductions
- Review and reconcile wage, benefits, tax deductions and commission, etc.
- Run custom payroll reports bi-weekly , monthly , quarterly and as needed
- Responsible for accurate year-end payroll and W-2 processing and government reporting
- Responsible for payroll related inquiry resolution and follow up utilizing Service Now
- Ensure that all payroll processing related controls and narratives are kept up to date and accurately represent current best practices (SOP’s)
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process improvements and efficiencies
- Mentor junior payroll staff and delegate tasks as necessary
- Work alongside our outside auditing firm and produce reports and payroll records as needed
- Maintains knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws. Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll requirements and procedures
- Must have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in payroll along with supporting the accounting and finance team.
- Attention to detail and able to adapt in a fast pace environment
- Advance MS Excel skills (ex: pivot tables, V-look-up etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years current experience working in ADP Workforce Now and Ezlabor.
- Must be able to run and create reports out of ADP Workforce Now and Ezlabor.
- Self-motivated person with the ability to balance multiple request and prioritize projects from both payroll and general ledger teams.
- Ability to exercise discretion in all transactions, maintaining confidentiality in all communications and job duties.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and collaborate with different departments
- Working knowledge of the Service Now Platform.
- Current and Active Member of the American Payroll Association
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.