Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Clerk
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
The Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by all combined entities of Fresquez companies. The role requires routine lookback and review against vendor statements, ensuring that invoices are accurate, and that proper accounting procedures and approvals are followed for the purchasing and payments of all goods and services. Special attention to accuracy, classification, timing/cutoff and completeness are a must.
The AP Clerk is responsible for coordinating collection of invoices with storefront personnel and maintaining a notification process for flagging and reporting over/under exceptions. This is primarily a culmination of vendor statement reviews and (EOM) End of Month closing cycles. The A/P clerk runs point in communicating and advising Fresquez staff on all thing’s payable related.
- Review all methods of vendor payments to ensure consistent coding is maintained.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, and charges to appropriate cost center(s).
- Verifies all vendor accounts in Sage have submitted W-9 vendor verification or initiates federally required backup withholding.
- Assists in all precursor 1099 vendor review annually in coordination with Bookkeeper.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and administrative accounts payable files (both hard copy and electronic form).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Including but not limited to: Pivot tables, formula writing for shared expense allocations, lookup and reference formulas. Ability to export/import CSV files into sage accounting.
- Verifies invoiced amounts and properly tracks vendor credits that occur post invoice (add and subtract adjustments).
- Posts invoices from all restaurants for multiple entities.
- Maintains system driven vendor terms; ensures proper and timely payment to vendors.
- Creates open lines of communication with operations team to ensure constant flow of invoices are received in a timely manner (Run’s point on EOM expense reporting with heightened emphasis on controllable costs).
- Collaborates with restaurant operations team regarding purchases and any changes to invoices to ensure expense capture is reported consistently.
- Reviews vendor statements and communicates with vendors as required.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling statements and related transactions.
- Acquires copies of missing invoices, obtains approval and posts.
- Verifies validity of invoice discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from receipts/reports.
- Summarizes payable activity by maintaining balances.
- Maintains organized files for timely payment.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provides month end review support to restaurant operations.
- Assists with monthly closing of all expenses.
- Answers phones.
- Provides exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Assists Accounting Department including AD HOC reporting for Bookkeeper(s) and other members of the Leadership Team, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization/Prioritization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software/Management, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Accuracy
- Effective and friendly interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and procedures for both cash and accrual reporting.
- Detail oriented.
- Full demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word. Advanced database skill a plus.
- Sage 50 quantum experience preferred.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Professional behavior that contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities, to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept to varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Prepare AD HOC reports/assist on special projects as needed or requested.
- Willingness to work some weekends and holiday blackout periods.
- Primary work week is Monday through Friday from 8-5.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, 10-Key, phones, photocopiers, shredders, fax machines, and filing cabinets as well as other equipment when necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Office positions require sedentary sitting in a shared workspace. Position may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Thursday between 8am-5pm (varies). Other days/hours required as needed or assigned. Month end audits require some weekend, holiday and out of town travel.
Required Education and Experience:
A minimum of two - three years of directly related experience is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Directly relevant associate’s degree.
Relevant experience with Sage 50 or other accounting software.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business contracts/agreements understand scope as it relates to terms and release of outbound payments. Ability to uphold governmental guidance and regulations. Ability to self-generate reports and streamline accounts payable related correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, internal and external customers, and the general public.
Occasional travel out of town required.
Assist with other accounting/financial functions including other assigned office duties in other areas of the department and/or company as needed or assigned.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff o