Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
Assists the corporate controller in directing the organization's accounting functions including cost, payables, and reporting. Contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting, planning and budgeting systems.
Perform detailed reviews of account reconciliations, approving journal entries, preparing the most complex account reconciliations, coordinating the monthly close process, performing domestic consolidations, preparing the month-end financial statement package for the accounting department, and taking responsibility for the annual financial statement audit preparation and execution.
Oversees the preparation of periodic reporting and required legal filings. Ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the organization.
May train accounting staff. May coordinate with auditors regarding audit/reviews/compilations. May coordinate with CPA’s regarding tax reporting, revenue reporting and property tax positions. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
In addition, this individual will implement and maintain internal processes for the department to ensure the accuracy of the financial records. This individual will also seek ways to improve our accounting systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervises subordinate personnel in accounts receivable and accounts payable areas of a finance department.
* Oversees, monitors and works to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management.
* Audits work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with industry standards.
* Reviews and justifies expense reports and other expenditures submitted to the accounting team.
* Supervises the preparation of monthly journal entries.
* Prepares financial statements for a company.
* Helps maintain accountability of the financial resources of a company.
* Handles personally or supervises general ledger reconciliations.
* Ensures compliance with all internal controls.
* Trains staff on proper company procedures.
* Assists controller with a variety of tasks as needed.
* Reviews monthly closing processes to prevent errors.
* Handles special projects as requested by management.
* Helps with the preparation of the yearly audit.
* Assists in safeguarding the assets of owners.
* Stays current on changes in regulations and other industry news.
* Supervises ins. reconciliations and pay insurance premiums
* Supervises bank reconciliations and general ledger accounts
* Prepare detailed financial statements
* Review reconciliations and transactions prepared by others
* Prepare budgets and reports
* Ensures ACDBE and other government business contracting permits are current.
* Ensures proprietary trademarks are current.
* Analyze financials in coordination with management
* Help manage outstanding receivables
* Supervises accounts payable and resolves aging related issues
* Supervise remote bank deposits
* Enter transaction records
* Prepare and file regulatory reports
* Solve problems independently, identify inefficiencies, and propose solutions
* Communicate clearly with team and others in the organization
* Prioritize workload and efficiently manage time according to deadlines
* Experience directly assisting a controller, CFO, or tax preparer
* Coordinate the monthly close process, perform domestic consolidations, and prepare the month-end financial statement package.
* Perform the detailed review of account reconciliations and journal entries and prepare the most complex reconciliations.
* Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting matters.
* Coordinate with directors and managers within the accounting and finance departments on accounting related matters and projects.
* Work in conjunction with other departments to (1) gather information to determine the appropriate accounting treatment for various transactions, and (2) ensure other departments are maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Plan, coordinate, prepare for, and execute the annual financial statement audit
* Adapt to other assigned duties
* 3+ years accounting experience
* Command of general ledger and financial accounting processes
* Expertise in Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup function
* Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
* Technological competency, including the ability to learn, adapt to, and help implement new or unique software solutions
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting / finance from a four-year accredited college or university and 3 to six years accounting/ business experience Bachelor’s Degree
- No certifications required, CPA a plus
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Displays vast knowledge of math and exceptional accounting skills.
- Possesses strong leadership, supervisory and management abilities.
- Has excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills.
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of financial software programs.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a working knowledge accepting accounting practices and financial accounting standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Supports Diversity
- Professionalism, good Judgment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel and internet software.
- Basic operation of a workstation (turning on/off, knowledge of basic functions and components).
- Use/storage/maintenance of multiple usernames and passwords.
- Use of Windows Explorer (electronic file-handling).
- Computer-related problem-solving skills through the use of available trainings and help desk.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.