Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Credit Analyst I - CVL
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Commercial Lending / Wholesale Lending
?The Commercial Credit Analyst is responsible for researching and analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history and approving or denying extension of credit to potential commercial customers. Develops and maintains positive business relationships with dealers, field sales staff and supporting departments within GMF. Render appropriate credit decisions for commercial financing requests.
- Analyze commercial credit applications to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit and make prudent business decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit within established credit authority
- Analyzes financial statements, collateral, debt service, personal financial statements and personal cash flow, as applicable to the size and complexity of the commercial transaction
- Develop and maintain business relationships with dealership personnel that ensure volume objectives and credit quality
- Effectively maintain consistent purchase policy based on dealer support, portfolio liquidation and management direction
- Perform outbound telemarketing calls to GM dealer body in an effort to educate on GMF Commercial products to increase and establish captive relationship
- Develop and maintain basic knowledge of CVL plans, products and programs Screen appropriate commercial parties to ensure GMF compliance with US Patriot Act
- Ensure all queues are worked to acceptable CVL service levels
- Support internal and external sales as required to complement sales activities
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting.
- Knowledge of dealership, fleet/commercial and indirect auto finance industry operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of commercial lending with emphasis in captive automotive dealership financing.
- Understanding of dealer operations.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to make sound business decisions based on policies and procedures.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Analytical skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Detailed oriented and capable of managing multiple opportunities simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of the credit decision process and documentation involved.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, financial statement analysis and business credit bureaus.
- Proficient in intermediate MS Word and Excel applications.
- Sales skills necessary to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contact terms that help meet company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance or in related field or equivalent work experience required
- 0-2 years experience in automotive lending environment preferred
- 2-3 years of credit buying experience preferred
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required
- Fast-paced office environment
- Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers
- Work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime
- Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours
- Subject to daily service level requirements
- Limited travel may be required to support business needs
- Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems