Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GMF Credit Analyst - Zone A
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Credit / Underwriting
The Credit Analyst is responsible for researching and analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history and approving or denying extension of credit to potential customers. This team member has contact with other company departments, as well as automobile dealers and other finance and credit sources.
- Analyze credit data to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Make decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit within set credit authority established by senior management and state/federal laws.
- Develop sufficient dealer relationships that ensure volume objectives and credit quality
- Capture automotive finance contracts that meet GM Financial profitability criteria for pricing and performance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Ensure branch office cooperation with other departments, to maximize efficiency within the company.
- Ensure all queues are worked to acceptable service levels.
- Conduct joint dealer calls with Dealer Account Representative (DAR) on an as needed basis.
- Perform outbound telemarketing calls to the dealer customer.
- Ensure proper documentation is received on all deals.
- Knowledge of sales, credit and funding processes in consumer finance
- Working knowledge of consumer credit, credit laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the retail automobile finance industry
- Knowledge of indirect retail auto financing
- Knowledge of the Company’s credit policies
- Knowledge of motor vehicle retail installment documentation
- Knowledge of State regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Federal regulatory requirements
- Knowledge consumer finance and banking environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to positively motivate, develop, coach and lead others
- Negotiation skills
- Credit underwriting skills
- Presentation and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Customer relations skills
- Ability to multitask
- Innovative thinker with strong ability for strategic vision
- Display commitment to continuous improvement of business
- Sales skills necessary to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships
- Ability to professionally represent GM Financial
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on marketing/finance, equivalent experience can be substituted for degree preferred
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to stressful situations;harsh language from customers;normal office environment;Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours, weekends and holidays;Subject to daily service level requirements;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems