GO AZ Motorcycles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GO AZ Motorcycles
GO AZ Motorcycles
Passion + Opportunity + Growth = An Incredible Career
Our Northern Arizona dealerships are looking to grow our accounting team. If a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plan, life insurance, dependent care FSA, paid holidays and parental leave, and employee discounts sound good to you, come join our team!
Job Title: Entry-level Junior Accountant
Reports to: GM/Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly/Full-Time/Sensitive
This position is responsible for managing the Accounting function at the local level with an emphasis in A/P and A/R data processing and title and funding support for growing dealerships across locations.
- 2-4+ years accounting receivables/payables experience preferred
- Associates degree or 2 years college courses preferred
- Friendly, outgoing personality and a positive attitude
- Excellent telephone demeanor and strong communication skills are necessary for in-person and telephone contact.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to handle problems and situations as they arise
- High level of accuracy, creativity, and attention to detail
- Reliability and Dependability are a must
- Process, review and manage A/P and A/R.
- Responsible for the title and funding of the dealership
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy, investigate and resolve account discrepancies.
- Responsible for month-end close and preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries, bank reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation, GL reconciliation and credit card reconciliation.
- Be a champion of company policies and promote the culture of providing superior customer service to clients.
- Assist Management with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Enter all payables. To include, not limited to inventory items, utility bills, other misc. invoices.
- Use a thorough, but precise description when entering invoices. This will help keep questions to a minimum once the payable is in the queue to be paid.
- Reconcile all invoices to their subsequent parts statements. (Manufacturer and After Market)
- Researching anything over 30 days past due. Maintain thorough backup for all items entered to be paid. Be available for questions regarding AP Aging from GM & Accounting
- Communicate with the shipping & receiving department, employees that have a company credit cards & vendors.
- Obtain missing invoices.
- Request invoicing errors are fixed by department heads or by contacting the vendor directly. Then follow up.
- Maintain organized and accurate records.
- Reconcile flooring statements monthly. Making sure items are accurately priced in inventory.
- Prepare a weekly check run & communicate with corporate when items are ready to be paid.
- Verify all items are approved with a signature by the department manager or GM before preparing payment.
- Scan and email backup for all items that are in the queue to be paid.
- Prepare and mail out accounts receivable statements on the first of the month.
- Include any and all invoice copies with statement that are 30 days past due
- Follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Maintain AR accounts by pulling aging reports bi-weekly to avoid past due accounts.
- Receipt payments from vendors & financial institutions daily- With the highest priority.
- Apply payments accurately immediately once receipted.
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior service behavior with all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously and with dignity.
- Also, prioritize communications with your GM & Supervisors.
- Ask questions
- Show enthusiasm for the products we sell and your position
- Always maintain a professional appearance and a neat and well-organized work area
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.