Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Goodwill is creating the culture that YOU want to work in!
We value the people we employ and serve and we benefit the communities in which we operate! If you want to be an integral part of something so much bigger than yourself, want to impact your community in positive ways, and be part of a team that sincerely believes in living a values-driven culture...then you want to work at Goodwill of Southern AZ!
As the Payroll Specialist, you will assist the Accounting Department in maintaining good financial controls and ensures accurate processing and recording of company's payroll, provides timely and accurate financial information, and participates in daily data entry Payroll processing.
What you will do:
- Calculate, prepare and record bi-weekly payroll in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure accurate data by preparing, running and analyzing reports as necessary and recording any necessary adjustments.
- Processes and inputs employee personnel action forms, tax information, garnishment calculations, deductions, etc. accurately.
- Customer service to all employees regarding all payroll concerns.
- Accurately deposits retirement plan employer matches and prepares reports, as necessary.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc.).
- Prepares payroll-related reports and ad-hoc financial and operational reporting, as requested.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality whether in regard to payroll, other employee (or persons receiving service) information or any aspect of the work produced, seen, discussed or overheard in the Finance and Accounting Department. (Operate with integrity!)
What you MUST have:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in processing payroll.
- Intermediate to advanced capabilities with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
- Associate Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Strong knowledge of ADP payroll processing required.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and investigative skills with a strong comprehension of complex concepts.
- Understand and adhere to the requirements of GAAP and other statutory accounting principles.
- Communicate effectively and disseminate pertinent information efficiently.
- Familiarity with Abila MIP Fund Accounting a plus.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters pertaining to payroll-related priorities, deadlines, and some procedural changes.
- Able to make sound ethical decisions.
- Work effectively accurately under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals across departments.
- Capability to work and think independently with minimal guidance & willingness to take ownership of assigned responsibilities and work product.
What you GET:
- A team that believes in a values-driven culture - !
- Up to 80 hours of paid vacation in your first year!
- Up to 88 hours of My Time Off!
- Up to 48 hours of sick time per year!
- Telemedicine plan for you and your dependents - at no charge!
- 12 medical plans to choose from; 3 dental plans, 1 vision plan...and a partridge in a pear tree!!
- Short- and Long-term Disability, Life Insurance for you, spouse, and children...
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity plans...
- Prepaid legal, ID theft monitoring, and more!
- The opportunity to GIVE BACK to your community and support our Mission!