Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Is this job right for you?
Are you looking for a job where you can improve your skills and get the training you need and want? Are you looking for a job where you can perform well and have opportunities for advancement? Are you looking to be a part of something BIG that positively affects your community?
What benefits do you want?
Vacation Time - Up to 80 hours earned your first full year
Sick Time - Up to 48 hours accrued each fiscal year
My Time Off (MTO) - Up to 88 hours accrued each fiscal year
Medical, dental, & vision insurance after 60 days of employment
403(b) with company match after 1 year of employment
Tuition reimbursement - Reimbursement for courses of study that will directly enhance the employee’s potential for personal and professional growth.
Multiple optional ancillary plans available after 60 days of employment: Including Telemedicine, Short-and Long-Term Disability plans, Life Insurance, Accident insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Assistance, Credit Monitoring, and even Pet Insurance! 20% Employee Discount
WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
What you will do....
Under general supervision utilizes knowledge of company financial and accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures. Prepares and issues invoices pursuant to grants and contracts. Performs account reconciliations and analysis. Understands organizational structure and the core businesses of GISA. Prepares and posts journal entries. Reviews and monitors financial transactions. Researches and resolves accounting issues. Coordinates annual budget process. Meets deadlines, works well under pressure, and produces accurate results.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- A minimum of four years progressively responsible experience in the accounting industry
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook .
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Familiarity with Sage preferred.
- A minimum of two years supervisory responsibility
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Must have a current Arizona driver’s license, current auto insurance and the ability to travel to other Goodwill sites and other businesses as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, current auto insurance, acceptable driving record, and ability to travel among Goodwill facilities.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
We encourage national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ