Grand Canyon Education
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Accounting Analyst I
at Grand Canyon Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Student Accounting department is currently seeking a Student Accounting Analyst I. In support of Student Accounting, the Student Accounting Analyst Iassists in driving productivity, system and process automation initiatives including reporting, workflow automation and data management governance. This position has responsibility for reviewing, ensuring the accuracy of data, GCE systems and other external systems and compliance to University policies and government regulations. The Student Accounting Analyst I also provides support to Student Accounting such as reviewing and analyzing student accounting records, assisting with year-end educational tax form preparation, and other regular or ad-hoc projects.
- Analyzes data to determine action required on student accounts.
- Retrieves data from internal and external systems and ensures accuracy through the development of reports, moderate to complex data analysis and resolution of issues.
- Audits and maintains data quality/business processes/process documentation within various corporate databases and applications; identifies issues, root cause and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Assesses the business requirements for Student Accounting, automates processes and workflows to serve new purposes or improve workflow or fit-for-use.
- Reviews and controls data to ensure ongoing accuracy and consistency within Student Accounting.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end tax forms such as 1098-T.
- Works various lists and projects related to tuition or student discounts.
- Works with stakeholders, Accounting support groups, business development, legal, IT and marketing/management teams on multiple projects, defining business requirements, coordinating system builds/customizations, reporting and data clean up.
- Designs and integrates business processes and data flows between CampusVue and other applications.
- Interacts with and becomes familiar with various campus applications such as CampusVue, StarRez, PayPal, ECSI and Best Bill.
- As needed, assists with implementing and deploying various applications as identified by management to maximize value.
- Reviews and develops training materials and process documents.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field.
- One year related work experience.
- Work experience in higher education is preferred. Work experience with student accounting or student information systems is helpful but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Knowledge of data systems and process flows in support of data analysis.
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Basic math aptitude and understanding of statistics.
- Well versed in creating meaningful reports and analysis.
- Good understanding of end to end business processes.
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com