Great Local Employer
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant - Payroll
at Great Local Employer
Payroll employee/employer data entry and staff support for our company. Provide backup support for subsidiaries. Provides backup support as needed for all accounting functions.
1. Prepare all payroll related items for processing including but not limited to entering payroll data, setting up new employees and maintaining payroll deductions.
2. Responsible for various other payroll functions, including but not limited to accuracy, reporting, benefits, scanning of documents and etc.
3. Accurately complete and process weekly journals as well as, provide staff support.
4. Assists with numerous standard accounting functions, audits and other special projects as assigned.
- Accounting knowledge
- AA Degree in Accounting, BS Degree Preferred or commensurate experience is required.
- FPC certification is preferred
- A minimum of three years payroll experience with a company who has an employee size of 200+.
- Payroll processing experience is necessary; tax preparation experience is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- General understanding of all accounting functional areas
- Specialized communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with other departments.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and have strong organization skills.
- Ability to exercise appropriate professional judgment in diverse situations.
- Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ADP is a must, preferably Workforce Now