Guide Dogs for the Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Specialist - Guide Dogs for the Blind
at Guide Dogs for the Blind
Let your desire to do more guide you here.
If youd like to use your accounting experience to support an organization that creates independence for people who are blind or visually impaired, consider joining Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB) as a Payroll/Accounting Specialist. You will be responsible for all aspects of payroll processing, ensuring that our pay practices comply with organizational policies and federal/state wage and hour laws. You will also assist with accounting functions, such as reconciling accounts, entering data, and running reports.
We will rely on you to prepare bi-weekly payroll and file and maintain related tax and benefit records; utilize IBS/Kronos reporting to prepare reports for outside regulatory agencies and month-end reporting; coordinate the annual Workers Compensation audit and prepare related schedules; periodically review benefits and payroll information and provide analyses to managers; and provide staff and managers with guidance and instruction on completing payroll-related tasks.
What sets us apart?
· Your accounting and payroll expertise will have a direct impact on the success of our organization as we move into the future.
· Youll feel personal pride in supporting a mission that means so much to so many.
· Youll work with passionate people across GDB who are invested in each other and provide support.
· Our generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, 403(b), generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and great wellness perks like yoga, circuit training, and an onsite gym.
· You can bring your dog to work!
Skill / Requirements
· At least three years of experience in payroll and accounting
· Understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as experience with payroll processing
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, accounting, and Kronos payroll software programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently and accurately, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality with sensitive personnel issues
Accounting or Business degree desirable
Guide Dogs for the Blind
The largest guide dog school in North America, Guide Dogs for the Blind creates inspiring partnerships between people, dogs, and communities. With exceptional client services and a robust network of instructors, puppy raisers, donors, and volunteers, we prepare guide dogs to serve and empower individuals who are blind or have low vision, throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our team includes approximately 300 employees and 3,000 volunteers, supporting 2,300 working teams (clients and guide dogs).
To apply, visit https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/i.GDB.jobs?JobsSearch=1 and search via job title, or email your resume indicating position of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.