Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Global Payroll
They say "sitting is the new smoking". We're here to get more people moving...
Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find an activity they'll love among more than 600 activities across the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our goal is to multiply the number of people exercising at every company to create a healthier and more engaged workforce.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York, we have a growing team in 30 offices around the world. Our mission is simple yet ambitious: defeat inactivity, and we know the only way to get there is together, partnering with companies, gyms and having the best talent.
The Director, Global Payroll oversees payroll for Gympasss global employee population. Responsibilities of this position include managing reporting of all federal, state, county and local payroll taxes, International countries payroll taxes and reconciling payroll accounts in accordance with internal control requirements.
What You'll Do...
- Plan and direct payroll processes, policies, and initiatives.
- Direct and audit payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing globally.
- Identify and coordinate changes in policy and procedures governed by federal, state and local laws that affect the payroll, benefits and compensation functions.
- Determine and execute solutions to daily processing issues. Recommend system enhancements and assists in the development, testing, and implementation of solutions.
- Lead team to respond to pay, benefit, payroll tax, and compensation inquiries from management, employees, and outside agencies
- Ensure payroll tax liability account reconciliations are maintained properly
- Responsible for ensuring annual payroll tax reconciliation is timely and accurate, compliance with filing returns and issuing W-2 forms.
- Develop documentation and train team on payroll and payroll tax.
- Lead sourcing, collaboration, and evaluation of administrators, insurers, brokers and other outsourced service providers to ensure company interests are managed responsibly.
- Collaborate with Tax Function on all payroll tax-related matters and General Accounting related to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to achieve business results.
- Execute ad hoc projects as directed by senior management.
Skill / Requirements
You Should Have....
- Minimum of 8-10 years of payroll management experience in a global, multi-site, multi-state environment is required.
- Working knowledge of compensation principles is required.
- Working knowledge of HRIS, payroll systems, and payroll tax filings are required. Experience with Workday and Cloudpay preferred.
- Proficient in PC/ Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- One or more professional certifications preferred: CPP, CBP, CEBS, CCP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and welfare of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Gympass membership, workout anywhere anytime for the cost of one lunch
- Competitive PTO, sick time, company-observed holidays and a floating holiday
- Paid parental leave
- Education reimbursement program
- Outstanding opportunities for personal growth and career development
- An exciting and supportive atmosphere with intelligent (hey, at least we think so) and ambitious people from around the world!
Gympass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Gympass does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.