Harley Davidson of Scottsdale
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Harley Davidson of Scottsdale
Job Title: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly/Full-Time/Sensitive
This position ensures the efficient and timely process of;
- Accounts Payable (AP): requesting approvals, entering, paying invoices
- Accounts Receivable (AR): identifying collectibles, following up, actively pursuing timely payment from our customers/ manufacturers.
Job Responsibilities: Provide high quality assistance to office personnel to ensure a smooth running and productive office environment. This includes maintaining an organized desk/tasks as well as being thorough and precise.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Print and obtain manager approval on all AP checks
- Distribute signed checks as required
- Answer all vendor inquiries
- Review AR aging weekly for new receivables
- Maintain 30 days or less AR aging (depending on customer/manufacturer)
- Contact customers/manufacturers regarding past due accounts
- Assists in monthly closings
- Demonstrate accuracy and ensure quality by monitoring own work
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required
- Manage difficult client/customer situations
- Answer telephone, answer questions, route calls to appropriate person, take messages when appropriate.
- Achieve and maintain rapport with internal customers and strive to provide exemplary service
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior service behavior with all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with accounting techniques.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete all new hire training requirements within first 90 Days
- 2+ years accounts payable's/receivable experience. Accounting education a plus.
- Friendly, outgoing personality, and positive attitude
- Excellent telephone demeanor, strong communication skills are necessary for in-person and telephone contact.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problems and situations as they arise
- High level of accuracy, creativity, and attention to detail
- Reliability and Dependability a must
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.