Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Director of Finance
Job Reference #: 9447_1523276
Categories: Accounting/Auditing, Financial Services - Investments/Securities, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES, Financial Services - ALL CATEGORIES
The Area Director of Finance is responsible for providing ethical and consistent leadership in the financial area of area hotels by supplying management with guidance, training and support. The Area Director of Finance is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels of internal controls, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
* Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required to management and ownership.
* Coordinate the completion of all forecasts and budgets as required, with the full and active participation of EC Team and department managers.
* Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
* Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a timely basis.
* Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, assets, master keys, payroll, and records.
* Direct and/or prepare all financial reports in accordance with the company's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines.
* Responsible for evaluating the financial impact on business decisions.
* Ensures that all levels of management are promptly notified of any financial deviations from established policies and/or control weaknesses in the hotel.
* Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with the established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year.
* Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and evaluating scope of work and specifications.
* Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes.
* Continually focus on training and development programs for finance associates to cultivate the "brightest" and "best" talent within the industry.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!