Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
This position is ideal for a task-force Controller and the job has the ability to grow into a full-time position.
The Crowne Plaza Memphis East, located at Perkins Road and I-240, requires a strong and experienced Controller with the skill set to direct and navigate the team as we undergo a transition and renovation to a tech savvy, cutting edge Crowne Plaza hotel. Offering 319 rooms and 14,500 square feet of meeting/event space with full service dining options.
The Controller functions as the hotel's strategic financial business leader responsible for the accounting operations of the property. The Controller is responsible for the production of financial reports, over-seeing of the accounting systems, payroll, and management of a set of controls and budgets. In addition, the Controller ensures the accuracy of the hotel's reported financial results, and that these results comply with GAAP accounting principles, as well as, state and federal regulations; provides oversight in audits of financial statements by external auditors and regulators, and ensures compliance with all hospitality reporting requirements.
* Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
* Monitor hotel revenues and expenses, and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with the Company's established guidelines. Investigate and critiques variances to budget or prior year, and offer practical methodologies to management.
* Ensure the hotel's compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
* Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotel's financial objectives.
* Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including banking reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis.
* Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, and hotel assets.
* Directs and prepares all financial reports in accordance with the Company's requirements, meeting all due dates and deadlines.
* Manage all general accounting, payroll, and purchasing functions which include performing month-end close process, preparing and booking journal entries, account reconciliations, procurement, shipping & receiving, inventory, variance analysis, project management and maintain fixed asset records.
* Develop, maintain and improve financial and accounting SOPs; modify organizational structure to improve operations and service delivery.
* Oversees the production of the Daily Labor Report to prevent the unnecessary use of labor.
* Assists in the completion of the annual budget process.
* Perform special projects and other tasks as assigned. Participate in task force and committees as required. May also serve as Manager on Duty.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!