Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contra Costa Country Club in Pleasant Hill, CA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Property Controller. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the Members and Staff of the Club and work closely with our partners at Troon Golf.
General Purpose: Plans, directs and coordinates the financial, accounting, and administrative activities of the Country Club.
* Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting standards.
* Oversee accounting and administrative controls to safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft and internal fraud.
* Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume forecasts.
* Monitors and coordinates property plans for overall future objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash position, cash management, and capital requirements.
* Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and over/under based on the plan.
* Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
* Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and monthly financial statements.
* Reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account and cash banks.
* Monitors and manages property cash flow and decides the appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General Manager and Regional Controller of cash flow status.
* Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end books and records with the Regional Controller.
* Prepares/Coordinates requested items for CPA for tax preparation and financial statement review; Responsible for timely preparation and submission of document requests associated with the Club's annual financial audit.
* Supervise/review and submit to General Manager the bi-weekly payroll process for approval; ensure departmental manager approval for time hours worked; explain variances from prior period.
* Recommends to management the implementation of policies, procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of current accounting processes.
* Establishes accounting protocols and workflows for the property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon Golf accounting standards.
* Monitors contracts with facility's vendors.
* Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of monthly tax reports.
* Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to include but not limited to processing invoices, preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and record keeping.
* Manages/Coordinates information technology within the Club
* Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Assure that effective orientation and training is given to new associates. Develops ongoing training programs.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Performs other duties as required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!