Heartland Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Consultant - HCU Investment and Insurance Services
at Heartland Credit Union
- HCU I & I
- Wichita, KS, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Heartland Credit Union Investment and Insurance Services, in partnership with LPL Financial, is seeking a Financial Consultant to provide retirement and investment services in the Wichita, KS area.
Heartland Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative serving nearly 25,000 members. We been proudly serving our members since 1948. HCU many locations in Kansas including Wichita, Hutchinson, Newton and Haven. HCU is committed to creating member value by placing the financial needs and delivery of exceptional service to the membership ahead of profit while maintaining fiscal responsibility. Learn more about Heartland Credit Union by going to www.hcu.coop.
HCU Investment & Insurance Services is located at Heartland Credit Union. In addition to the many products and services offered by the credit union, HCU I & I is there to help address member financial needs through education funding, insurance products, investments/brokerage services and retirement planning.
This person will have an office at one of our Wichita branches, located at 3777 N. Maize Rd.
Normal schedule will be Monday Friday, with the occasional scheduled Saturday appointment.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As a Financial Consultant with HCU I & I, you become an integral part of working with credit union members to provide investment services and building member relationships. Our staff provides credit union members with access to the comprehensive financial and investment services needed to help achieve their long term goals and dreams.
- Consult with current or potential members regarding investment and insurance products and services.
- Generate new sales appointments; make "warm" calls to members, potential members and employee groups; attend monthly sales meetings; and perform the usual daily sales activities and administrative duties.
- Follow-up on referrals provided by credit union staff and collaborate with business development staff to identify new leads and add value to HCU offerings.
- Keep staff, members and potential members informed about financial products and opportunities through referral training, annual educational seminars, and ongoing educational sessions.
- Keep your appointment book filled and meet appointment goals established by supervisor.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with all related regulations, policies, procedures and business practices required by the broker/dealer.
- Complete required compliance training related to HCU I & I products and services.
- Expands member base through consultative sales techniques and referrals.
- Actively participate and represent Heartland in various community, civic, and professional organizations.
- Provide superior service to our members.
- Ensure members are promptly and professionally served.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Pro-actively supports and advances HCU's brand platform.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Benefits of being a consultant at Heartland Credit Union:
- Consultants are employed by Heartland Credit Union.
- Heartland Credit Union member referrals.
- Expense paid office space within the branch.
- Expense paid technology, phone, copies, and office supplies.
- Expense paid marketing campaigns directed at members that fit your target market.
- Competitive pay structure and pay for performance incentive system.
- Wide range of products/services available via LPL Financial.
- Supportive administrative staff, supportive credit union staff, excellent technology, a proprietary database for client information
- Excellent benefits package including health/dental insurance, paid life/LTD insurance, 401(k) plan with contribution and match, paid time off, and much more!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed Series 7 and Serious 63/65 or Series 66 required.
- Four years of related experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and public relations.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with high quality service standards in all interactions with members, prospective members, credit union staff, and vendors related to a financial institution.
- Proficient in MS Office programs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
For immediate consideration:
To apply, go to www.hcu.coop, then find "Careers". You must create an account to apply and upload a resume. All inquiries are completely confidential. For information before applying, contact the HR department by calling 1-800-428-8472.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
Heartland Credit Union an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Heartland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Heartland hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. This practice applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and education, promotion, termination, compensation and all conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.