Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Director
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Accounts Payable Director for the accounts payable function. This role leads the operations of the accounts payable function, including the timely, efficient, accurate and cost-effective processing of transactions, management and leadership of the staff, maintenance of appropriate internal controls and compliance with statutory requirements. This role also supports continued process improvement, assists in managing projects which drive efficiency and productivity through the department and creates an environment of continued growth and development of staff and resources. The Accounts Payable Director delivers a customer service focused framework while contributing to the development and monitoring of service level agreements (SLAs) through effective management of key performance indicators (KPIs) and other key metrics.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sets and applies strategic vision for the accounts payable department and aligns it with the strategic vision of the company.
2. Provides operational direction for the accounts payable department.
3. Develops, communicates and monitors adherence to the accounts payable process procedures and the company’s expense guidelines.
4. Provides support, training, mentoring and development for the accounts payable staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the department performs at a maximum performance level.
5. Applies comprehensive knowledge of software systems utilized to process invoices and expense reimbursements for the company.
6. Plans, schedules and directs staff to promote efficiency in completing their job responsibilities.
7. Plans and manages integration of new acquisitions into the current accounts payable processes and systems.
8. Directs the month end closing of accounts payable processes to ensure the accounts payable and relative accrued liabilities are properly reflected in the financial statements.
9. Supports the company’s SOX compliance requirements through adherence to key internal controls.
10. Directs the coordination of the 1099-MISC reporting for the company, particularly those associated with the processing of payments to vendors.
11. Delivers high quality customer service to ensure satisfaction among internal and external customers.
12. Develops and monitors SLA’s for the accounts payable function, including determination and management of KPIs and other key metrics.
13. Leads non-routine special projects that may include reporting and analysis for internal departments, technology enhancements and system upgrades.
14. Leads continuous improvement efforts to the existing processes related to accounts payable and expense reimbursement, including working and influencing cross functionally.
15. Maintains confidentiality of and compliance with all company information in accordance with company policies.
1. Directly or indirectly supervises a staff of 5-7 employees.
2. Works with Heartland’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
1. Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting, Finance or Business.
2. 7-10 years of accounting experience with 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including accounts payable systems.
3. Previous supervisory and project management experience.
4. Knowledge of accounts payable and general ledger processes and systems.
5. Experience with paperless invoice processing systems and expense reimbursement systems.
6. Experience integrating with other systems.
7. Advanced Excel skills.
8. High level of attention to detail.
9. Problem solving skills.
10. Possess a sense of urgency and consistently meet deadlines.
11. Foster effective team environment.
12. Ability to develop and document effective policies and procedures.
13. Ability to effectively and efficiently manage workflow.
14. Effective oral and written communications.
15. Ability to interact with various levels of management.
16. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
17. Innovative and adaptable to change.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will