Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Heartland Divisional Controller is responsible for serving each of the Heartland Divisional Units (Units) as its financial leader. The position will participate and assist each unit in formulating and meeting its strategic business plan and goals; coordinate with Heartland Corporate Accounting, Human Resources and the Project Management Office to ensure alignment between each unit and Heartland in various areas, including capital projects and strategic initiative plans, financial and management reporting, preparation of budgets and forecasts, monitor and track budget variances, track financial progress of unit projects and initiatives.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as a finance and strategic partner to the Heartland Support Unit Leaders
a. Actively participate with each Unit Leader and Sr. Management team to develop the financial impacts of short- and longer-term strategic vision/direction for each Unit, considering estimates of required capital and human investments associated with business opportunities and process improvement initiatives.
b. Establish strong relationships with each Unit’s Senior Management Team, Human Resources, Project Management Office and Corporate Finance representatives.
c. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities of the units.
d. Contribute to the development and execution of business plans and initiatives.
e. Assist with financial plans and models in support of strategic initiatives.
f. Assist Unit Leaders in preparing effective presentations, including assembling necessary data and reviewing information to ensure accuracy and consistency with other internally prepared financial information and reports.
2. Lead the analysis, alignment and monitor the performance of each Unit
a. Analyze and present facts and benchmarks regarding each unit’s current cost structure.
b. Provide financial leadership and guidance to discussions with senior leadership teams around where and how to make impactful changes for improving cost structure & efficiencies
c. Monitor and track the financial impact of agreed upon changes and initiatives.
d. Assist each Unit to establish and achieve appropriate financial performance objectives, metrics, benchmarks and goals.
e. In conjunction with the Corporate Budget Process, oversee the annual budget preparation for each Unit, to ensure proper alignment with strategic goals and business opportunities, and incorporate appropriate input from Heartland Executive Management.
f. Work with Corporate Accounting to close books and review and approve prepared Unit financial reports by the 5th business day of the following month.
g. Interpret financial reports and other financial data by offering compelling insights and ideas to reduce costs and improve each unit’s overall financial performance.
3. Measure and monitor performance against budgets, benchmarks and goals and partner with Unit Leadership and Corporate Finance to identify underperforming areas and develop appropriate action plans for improvement.
4. Coordinate with Corporate A/P and Unit Leaders to optimize the A/P workflow for all units.
5. Collaborate with Corporate Finance and the Enterprise Data Warehouse Team to define Management Reporting requirements that support effective decision making.
6. Collaborate with Corporate Finance and the Enterprise Data Warehouse Team to manage changes to reports, ensuring that requests to enhance or change reports become standardized and are integrated into the controlled production reporting environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
2. 5 - 7 years of accounting and finance experience with some time in a financial leadership role
3. Experience with budgeting, forecasting, capital budgeting and business case development and financial reporting required
4. Strong understanding of accounting processes and systems
5. Comfortable and skilled in managing across multiple senior executive lead stakeholder groups to achieve results.
6. Understanding of the technical side of a budgeting and forecasting system
7. High level of attention to detail
8. High level of confidentiality
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
1. CPA Preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will