Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Audit Manager I
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
An Internal Audit Manager I is responsible for leading the performance and execution of professional internal auditing work and audit-related tasks. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, internal auditor to lead audit engagements for a publicly traded, multi-bank holding company. Although this individual may work on a variety of audits within our universe, we are primarily looking for someone with operational auditing, BSA/AML, and/or consumer compliance experience.
Leading audit engagements includes, but is not limited to planning, scoping, designing or updating audit programs, delegating to and monitoring the work of staff and seniors assigned to the audit, performing or teaching others to perform the more complex testing, and performing the quality control review of workpapers completed by the other staff assigned to the audit.
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities, but is expected to manage a team of staff and/or senior auditors assigned within each audit engagement
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the planning, execution, staffing, budgeting, reviewing, and reporting of assigned internal audits which may include: Operational Audits for various business lines (Deposits, Loans, Wire Transfer, etc.) and Specialized Audits (BSA/AML, Consumer Compliance, Trust, etc.) as well as special projects relating to Heartland Financial USA, Inc. and related subsidiaries' processes.
2. Provides input for the preparation of the overall risk assessment of the various business units and the completion of the annual audit plan. Prepares secondary risk assessments such as the annual Banking Center risk assessment.
3. Collaborates with the Internal Audit Director and other senior level Internal Audit personnel in performing audit work under limited supervision with a high level of latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The work is to be performed in conformance with international standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and involves:
a. Planning audits. Including, but not limited to, interviewing personnel to document process flows, control objectives, risks, and control procedures;
b. Defining the audit scope, objective and testing procedures;
c. Executing and/or delegating to Audit personnel the performance of the necessary test steps;
d. Evaluating audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against accumulated evidence;
e. Developing recommendations for control improvements and presenting them to management;
f. Preparing or reviewing exit meeting materials and/or final reports for presentation to Company Senior Management;
g. Communicating results of audits to Company Senior Management and the Audit Committee as requested;
h. Tracking management action plans for managing risk associated with control weaknesses resulting from internal and external audits and/or regulatory safety and soundness examinations.
4. Assists Internal Audit management personnel in coordinating day to day staffing. This involves:
a. Assigning work, monitoring progress, and providing guidance and on-the-job training to staff members (i.e., Senior Staff Auditors, Staff Auditors, Interns, etc.).
b. Answers audit-related questions as needed.
c. Provides feedback to Internal Audit Senior Manager or Internal Audit Manager II for staff performance reviews.
5. Reviews work papers created by staff members and make the necessary suggestions for changes, if needed.
6. Assists in the coordination of efforts with the external audit firm, outsourced/co-sourced risk consulting firm and/or regulatory agency upon request.
7. Modifies and enhances audit programs based on regulatory changes or recommendations and changes requested by the Internal Audit management personnel.
8. Conducts any other projects, reviews, examinations, investigations, due diligence, and audits deemed appropriate in their circumstance requested by Internal Audit management personnel.
9. Participates in internal/external meetings, training and/or seminars as requested. Maintains credentials through continuing education, as applicable.
10. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and other relevant training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge as it relates to the job function.
SECONDARY & NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business and/or Management Information Systems required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5-7 years of previous audit, finance, consulting, risk management, regulatory, and/or banking experience.
2. Ability to manage small projects independently and larger projects with minimal guidance.
3. Ability to keep abreast of banking policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state and federal laws, as applicable.
4. Strong knowledge of audit procedures, including a working knowledge of IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and the COSO Internal Control Framework.
5. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and strong technical skills.
6. Ability to organize multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
7. Ability to prioritize multiple and/or competing projects.
8. Strong listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
One or more of the following required:
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
* Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
* Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
* Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
* Accredited ACH Professional (AAP)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will